Upon the request of a parent or physician, we will administer medication to a child as long as the following steps have been followed:
- An Oak Hill Montessori medication form must be filled out for prescription medications and for certain over-the-counter medications.
- Each medication, whether by prescription or over-the-counter, must be in the original container and labeled with the child’s first and last name.
- Prescription medication labels must clearly identify the dosage amount, the dosage frequency, and any refrigeration requirements.
- Over-the-counter medication must be appropriate for the child’s age according to the label. If the medication states, “Consult Physician” with respect to the age of the child in question, we must have a doctor’s note identifying the appropriate dosage amount, dosage frequency, and for how long the medication should be given. Blanket authorizations will not be accepted.
- Prescription medications will be administered according to the doctor’s instructions for up to 10 days. If your child needs to have medication administered for more than 10 days (i.e. nebulizers or epipens), we will need a doctor’s authorization for that. Please have the doctor complete the Long Term Medication Form.
- Please give the medication to an Oak Hill Montessori staff member. Children may not retain the medication.